Thursday 5 March 2020

Unity Tutorial 06

Unity Tutorial Week 6

While I was doing this tutorial and I will not lie to you I found it very complicated because of the fact that I had a lot of coding to do but I found it very beneficial in order for me to learn and improve with my skills so I thought that I would have to change my approach with this tutorial assignment as I have always been using DreamWeaver I was finding it very difficult and frustrating so I changed my software to Visual studios.
This is the new software that I have moved to because it is very easy to use and it auto-fills the coding for you when you are stuck plus it is free to download.
The game that I was working on required me to make a 3d game that was essentially a man that had to jump up and down and avoid the obstacles while also making the background move seamlessly to give the illusion that the world around the character was moving. I also had to make sure that when the character hit one of the objects cause a "Game Over" the whole world would come to an immediate stop. 
This was a quick little screenshot of how the game looked when you played it while I was running it in Unity. (As you can see the object was in the air but this screenshot was before I solved the problem)


I think that the game was a huge success because even though I faced a few problems I was able to overcome it and get all of the scripts working which really boosted my confidence and encourages me to continue my journey to become a better game developer

No comments:

Post a Comment