Friday 18 October 2019

Feedback Strategies

Feedback Strategies

The first article that decided to go with was "Try Feedforward Instead Of Feedback" by a man called Marshall Goldsmith. I was understanding the good points that they were trying to get across on the article such as the following:

The feedback you give towards a person or object should not meaningless or empty because you want to give them information on the feedback on why you think it fell down in some areas and what they can do to improve it or even what you would like them to do to help better themselves in there current or future projects.

They also taught me that it does really matter how high you are in terms of power or rank because anybody will need feedback and whichever areas you feel that they lack in and just because someone teaches you new information and how to do it doesn't mean you cant advise them with feedback and how to get the main point across or what to talk about that they missed some whole topic around it.

“Mistakes should be examined, learned from, and discarded; not dwelled upon and stored.” – Tim Fargo

When I first saw this quote I did not know what it meant but, If I were to take a guess I would say that it is trying to tell us, when someone gives you a feedback you should try adding it towards your project don't just read it and not make changes because without change you will get the same result.

The second article that I also wanted to go with was "The Difference Between Praise and Feedback" by a women called Anya Kamenetz. This book has some very good opinions that I felt were so true and relevant is day to day life because the article talked about the following:


  • Process Praise
  • Praise and Personhood
  • Praise and Feedback


The article was basically trying to explain that parent are always praising kids over little things that does not play a role in their lives like picking up a paint brush and or little tests. It would be more beneficial to interact with them and ask them some questions, talk to them about school or whatever their interests are and get involved with what the kids are doing.

I feel like the articles that I have read were very enlightening, I have really learned how to improve on my feedback comments to help give people hopefully very successful ideas.

Happy Quote (Source Here)

No comments:

Post a Comment