Friday 18 October 2019

Unity Tutorials

Unity Tutorial 03


In this tutorial I was taught how to make a fully animated moving clock. I thought that it would very simple to make and a part of me still thinks that is very simple to make, but I was very surprised. when I open up the tutorial because the whole information was in text and it really threw me off because I am a visual learner and I knew I am very good at following instructions but I like to see what I am doing and follow along so I already knew that this was going to be a big challenge for me with so much information cramped up in 1 go.

As I was building the structure of how the clock was going to look it seemed pretty simple because I had no problem with that at the time but then as I started to go deeper and get the C# scripting it was getting pretty complicated because I was unable to understand what purpose each code had to do and it made me nervous that I would not be able to finish this tutorial. I took a little break to calm down because I felt like I was a little overwhelmed by the amount of information that I had to process and when I came back I was able to find the issues with the clear mind.

I really enjoyed this task because I was able to push myself beyond my comfort zone and look through the text and back track to figure out where I went wrong which I think helped me improve on my problem solving skills.
Progress in the Clock Development

1 comment:

  1. Hi David, great to see that you enjoyed this task of building the clock in Unity. Its is a challenge but you seem to tackle it very good. Well done!

    ReplyDelete