Monday 21 October 2019

Game Vision Statement

My Game Vision Statement for Space Pong

The purpose for me making a Vision Statement for my space pong game will help describe the content I want on the game, to have a plan for implementation. It will really help me because I will be able to make my plans and ideas in more detail and I will be able to see it in writing to know if I am on the right path and if my ideas make sense or not and make changes towards it. So basically I will see all my best ideas and remove or skip over the failed one which makes it best for me to focus on the straight forward easier tasks at hand.

Introduction


Space Pong is a Casual Game because you have a base that you are trying to protect and there is a meteor trying to destroy the base and you deflect the meteor to destroy your opponents base vice verse for him as well. It will be PC compatible as it is a PC game also it will be made my unity  that will appeal to all age groups preferably 13+ and above.

Description


In a world where you are wondering through the deepest darkest parts of the spaces nebula in a void of nothingness where you discover that there is a base on the far corner of space with other life forms inside, out of nowhere a spontaneous explosion from above out of the ashes hurdling at a rapid pace is meteor out of the ashes both of you are unable to get out of there on time forcing you to go on the defensive and deflect the meteor away with your shields. Will you be left standing after the explosion?

Main Features

  • Endless Survival

Genre

This is a Casual Game there not that many rules it is quite simple to follow it follows the basic survival game logic. It focuses on defending your base.

Resource

There will be some resources needed for the development of the game such as texture for the character's and background and perhaps for the natural disaster. The textures can be made or downloaded.

Target Audience

The game is targeted to players that enjoy Survival based games. It is very PG 13.

Game Play


The game play will be somewhat face paced as it will have repetitive back and forth banter as the player is desperately trying to keep his base and possibly his own life from being destroyed by a meteor. The player must also try to destroy the other opponent to keep his life intact.

3 comments:

  1. Hi David,

    I really like your idea for this version of pong as i feel it gives off real retro sci fi vibes as well as reminds me of classic space invaders which I love. I also like the idea of having the object explode making the players feel more reason to deflect the object/meteor. Love the idea and hopefully it works out.

    -Dillon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David,

    I love your game idea! I feel that the simplicity of it adds charm and I haven't seen any other games so far that are like yours, making it very unique! Pong is very fun to play so I have no doubt that players will enjoy your game when it's developed and ready to play. The space theme also leaves plenty of room for many design choices which will really add atmosphere and personality to your game.

    Looking forward to seeing your game development!
    -Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi David,

    I really like you game ! I'm wondering how the 3d aspect will effect gameplay since Pong is a 2d game ? Either way I like how you revamping a classic game. Hopefully development goes well !

    This is one of my last blog comments so Happy Holiday and I hope to see you next Semester !!

    Y.I.S.
    Sarah H

    ReplyDelete