Thursday 17 October 2019

Game Idea Research

The Game I Decided



I would like to be able to make a game that I would like to call Space Pong. The game is basically exactly like ping pong but it has been re masted to more of a space theme. The reason why I think that this game would be to work I because I feel like the game itself can transition within the space background and would look good visually. I also feel like the objects can be designed in such a way that it would be able to fit the space theme or make it at the least futuristic. I think that the concept itself would be very popular and original in that genre.

I want the game to be able to be a local 2 player game. I would like the game to be able 2 people fighting to protect there planet from a meteor also know at the ping pong ball. I feel like it would make sense with the background I am going for with stars flying around randomly in the background and we have asteroids that can collide in the middle of the players and hit the ping pong ball which makes it random on where it will go.

Game Mechanic Ideas

  • I would like it to be point based so whenever you score you have to reach a certain number for you to successfully beat the opponent

  • I would like to have a system so whenever you get a certain hours played altogether with all the game you will unlock new maps.

  • I would like to be able to have new skins for the Ping Pong Paddles to be unlocked with every 10 victories.

Here is an image that shows a familiar idea of what I have in mind.

I am trying to get a background during the game like this but I hope to get map moving and having meteors coming out randomly.



4 comments:

  1. Howdy David.

    I really liked your chosen idea. I really like the idea of two players having to work compete against each other as they bounce the meteor back. The competitive aspect will help make it more exciting to play. I also quite like the selected theme of space. It'll help make the game stand out and be visually interesting. Though I do wonder if it has to be strictly two player. If I was to play the game by myself, could I play with a CPU? Is there anything that helps increase the excitement in a match? Maybe you could make the meteor move faster each time it bounces of one of the players. The name "Space Bong" sounds a little boring and could possibly be infringing on the copyright of "Pong". Maybe you could change the name to avoid that issue like "Meteor Bounce" or something like that. Overall I really like this idea and I can't wait to see how it turns out. Good work and good luck!

    - Nathan Harte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David, I really like this idea! id actually le to play this game. the idea of the moving background I think will add that extra level of a really well made game to it! the game sounds like it would make people very competitive against each other, a really good tension builder for some friendly competition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi David
    I like the idea for this game. This is a good game to make on unity and will be fun to play with someone else. The theme of space works well with they way the game works. I think playing with a friend will make the game even better. I also like the way you describe the game.
    Jamie Gannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi David,

    Love the choice that you decided to go with, in the end! It seems really accomplishable and also really fun. I would say you will have a lot of fun developing this and allowing others to play. It's definitely a classic game and players will, of course, want to play over and over again.

    I'm excited to see your development with this idea!

    BLC Blogging.

    ReplyDelete