Monday 7 October 2019

Game Brainstorm

Neo Victorian Font Generator Preview









Summary


It is a game where you start off in the middle of nowhere for example lost at sea. When you notice that you are spawned on a raft that is made of wood with nothing but a fishing rod, but you also have a health bar that starts to decrease everywhere 10 seconds. You start to notice that you have different equipment or junk just floating at sea in the middle of nowhere which seems easy enough but you are also in a shark infested water where you have a shark coming every few moments biting the wood breaking it bite by bite trying to reach you.

Objective


You are supposed to use the fishing rod to throw out and rail in the objects that you see floating around the water and and also try to use it to build or improve your raft, while trying not to be eaten by the shark that surrounds you.You should try to survive for as long as possible.

Rules


Try not to get killed by the shark.

How I came up with the Idea?


I was playing a jaws games and I found it very annoying and repetitive after 5 games and I was thinking that the game could be a lot better because I had some ideas that would make the game more fun and I remembered that I could make my own game so I narrowed down on my ideas.






Summary


It is a very simple game where the camera bring you to a pipe and you have to drop your real picture or whatever image you want into the pipe and then it will appear above the pipe and it will have a countdown then when the game starts you will have a hammer and you have to hit the object with your picture on it to get points and you need a certain amount of points each rounds for you to be able to advance to the next level.

Objective


You have a hammer and you have to hit the objects and get as many points as possible to be able to get to the next stage.

How I came  up with the Idea?


I was playing a Mario game where you have pipes and you jump in and I was trying to think if there was a way to make a game out of the pipes but then I thought of a basketball machine game that had a goal to reach before you go up a stage and thought why not make a game where you can smash faces of your choice and try to level up in the process. I think it can be good for fun or maybe just to relive anger.

Space Age Font Generator Preview

Summary


It is exactly like a normal ping pong but it has a space theme. You have 2 satellites that are used as paddles and you have a meteor as the ping pong ball and you have to hit it back and forth to protect your earth from exploding. You will have some  obstacles that float in the middle of the screen from left to right making it hard to predict where the ball goes and stopping straight forward received hits.

Objective


You are supposed to protect your planet from a meteor by deflecting it back to the opposite enemy while trying to be careful of the floating random projectiles.

How I came up with the Idea?


I came up with this idea because I always enjoyed playing ping pong in real life because it was very simple. fun yet very competitive so I decided to put that experience and emotion in a video game. I did not want to make it simple and boring so I made a theme that would be able to have the same parts or useful contribution in the game mechanics, I ended up coming up with a space theme

Summary


It is game where you are a comedian and you must be on stage with different kinds of audiences and you have a few options in jokes and phrases and depending on what choice you choose to say to the audience will determine the outcome of the outburst of laughter and you must try to fill the Meter of laughs to the top but you also can have the meter decreased if the joke you pick is unfunny or you take to long. It can cause the audience to boo or loose interest.

Objective


You have to try give as many good jokes as you can in a row without taking to long to decide to try and fill up the Laugh O' Meter.

How I came up with the Idea?


I came up with this idea because I was very much into watching comedy on Netflix and I thought while I was laughing how hard their job is while they were explaining in there routine the life of a comedian. I decided to make a game around the concept because I have never played a game like that and if the idea existed it was never popular enough to be known, So I wanted to try it out and see what becomes of the idea.

2 comments:

  1. Hey David,

    I quite like all your game ideas but I definitely like the idea for Smash Face the most. It sounds like an easy enough game but it would still be lots of fun to smash things and like you said I think it would be a good way to relieve anger.

    -Casper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David,

    I enjoyed reading your game ideas, they are very well thought out and entertaining to read. It was fun to imagine what the final product may look like. I really like how you laid your research out. It was very easy to read and the 'how I came up with the idea' sections were a great inclusion to the research.

    I look forward to reading more!

    BLC Blogging.

    ReplyDelete