Friday 4 October 2019

Unity Tutorial 01

I really enjoyed the Unity Tutorials but I found them a little bit hard to follow because the video itself was a little bit outdated so the GUI layout was changed or moved to a different location which made it almost impossible to follow but once you used your mind and explored the different settings it was very easy to understand from there.

Outline 



I had to learn the basics of Unity so basically I was spending time exploring the different functions and settings and trying to figure out make use of the objects.

I had to figure how to download texture from the internet and upload it into my files in unity and insert it onto the object or part in the game.

I was also able to mix and match some of the textures to make it look realistic which I thought was amazing because it came out amazing and you can tell without even knowing how to use unity or the more advanced settings that you can make sure the map pretty easily.

I was able to start adding props after I had mastered the manipulation and texturing of the terrain which made for a very convincing map and you could really see it coming together when only a few steps where complete.

I added another prop into the game but this time it had a script in it and it was able to make the gem (prop) rotate. It was a very new experience because we used a different coding language known as C# and I ended up using the software Dreamweaver to code the script for the Gem to work.

VIDEO PROOF!
Please Watch












No comments:

Post a Comment