Monday 25 November 2019

Alpha

Alpha

This is the picture of the game I put the mesh renderer on so you can see the white floor as the restart part on touch.
I have spent a good few hours working on the restart on touch part because for some reason it was not able to work I was unable to figure out why but I was able to find out a situation after looking thought plenty of YouTube videos to find a good script also I was able to figure out that I did not rename a part correctly. I am trying to figure out how I am going to spawn players (bot) to chase the real player all the way to the finishing point. I was also considering that I might want to make sound effects in the game so that it would be more realistic or more fun to have something more to look forward to in the game. I plan to meet my goal by working on finding more videos and assets so on the day it is basically import my ideas and modify it to my style.

2 comments:

  1. well a good day to you David!!!

    I must say that while it may not be very large scale, your alpha to your game looks very well done indeed. I can see that a lot of times that it may seem frustrating that it doesn't seem to be working out at all but remember that this is the "alpha" stage so you are bound to come across some problems before the final stretch. but all in all I think that you game is coming along great and I look forward to seeing the final product.

    Cheerio!!!
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David

    I just read through your week 9, project blog and have to say that your alpha stage for your game is looking quite well. I like that you considered the restart aspect of your game as it was something I unfortunately did not consider working on till now. I as curious how exactly have you been mapping out your goals for each week and have you considered writing down certain things to work on for Unity each week , as i find that it is much easier to remember to do certain task when writing them down. Other than that I love how your game is coming along especially the scale in which you chose to go with for your map/ levels. I am looking forward to getting a look at the finished product and hopefully get a chance to play it to in the com week. Best of luck with figuring out the issue with the problem you are having with the restart. all the best

    -Dillon

    ReplyDelete