Monday 18 November 2019

First Playable

First Playable

I wanted to make my game a little simple for me to make because of how hard it is to make a game. I have changed my idea slightly. I see how much effort it takes to make a game and I went with some concepts and rearranged my style. I went with a sort of speed runner type of game and I was able to come up with a level with obstacles and and it is not 100% certain yet but I am hopping to spawn enemies and try to slow you down and maybe push you off the map.

What I enjoy?
I am enjoying the building process of the map and the way the I can adjust the map as I play to make it suitable.

What I am finding difficult?
The scripting is very hard to get my head around and understand the process of how to make everything work and sync together.





Here are some obstacles that I was talking about above.

3 comments:

  1. Hi David,

    I really enjoyed reading your blog! I like your game idea as I would play games similar to this on my phone, so I am excited to see your finished game in a couple of weeks. I like how the colour theme is plain and simple. I myself am finding script hard, it can be very tricky but hopefully it will get easier.

    Anyway looking forward to seeing your final product.

    Good luck!

    -EH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David,

    Nice to see some of your development, your game looks like it is a lot of fun to play!

    It is good to hear that you developed your idea and made it easier and also more realistic for you to make. Unity is one very complex and difficult program, so we shouldn't expect miracles from ourselves! One thing I understand that you wish to do from reading about your first playable is the 'mobs' or 'enemies'. If I'm completely honest, I haven't researched anything about adding other characters into a game so I have no knowledge on the subject. But, I will say, it sounds beyond our skill level with unity, and you are probably pushing yourself too hard to make the game amazing. Your game is already really impressive, so if you're feeling that you need to add more, don't! Remember: it is the effort that counts rather than the final result with this game's development!

    Look forward to seeing more of your work!

    BLC Blogging

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there David,
    It is great to see that you have made progress on your own game for Unity. It is good to see that you are enjoying making the game. That is good because it will make your experience during the journey much more enjoyable. I also find the scripting to be a problem but I know we will get over that obstacle. I wish you luck for the rest of the semester and hope to see your progress soon.
    Cya soon,
    Aaron Hogan

    ReplyDelete