Tuesday 19 November 2019

Week 9 Reading and Writing

Reading and Writing

Reading

I enjoy reading about what makes quality games because I never really had that big of an insight on making games and what it took  to make a really good games because I used to think that when you have a game in mind you just all start to build it and do trial and error without all the other steps of planning out and showing an outline and sketches. I was able to learn about what made a good game work and the different approach that you could used to help make or break your game. I did not know that there was a lot of different genres that were categorized in a game such as the following:

  • Role Play
  • Virtual Reality
  • Simulation
  • Massive Multiplayer Online
  • Casual Game
  • Party Game
  • Puzzles
  • Action
  • Adventure
Pick the Genre and Run the Game.


Source for both Images ( here )

I would like to be the first one to say that the reading was the best thing for me because I would never have had the energy nor the knowledge to know where to find it or read it by choice but since it was made as part of the assignment it made it very easy for me keep my mind at ease knowing that I have it as an assignment as I could also do my learning all in one done but what makes it a lot easier is the time limit that we have because of how we all have our own pace in reading so we can look through the information for 30 min. I feel like the assignment in general had been a success considering the reading and less practical aspect of the assignment is very good and I am getting everything figured out and done within the due date as the weeks go on. My original project with the information that I have learned was very good on paper but however it was very hard to make to make my idea come to life however I was able to start a new game and it is coming again swimmingly.

I was trying to make it very simple and have a lot of my ideas from the previous one involved during the transition of change however I have decided that I will only take 1 aspect from the game and try to fix the problem that I have gotten myself into by changing the game completely.

 When I look back at my project that I was planning to do about Space Pong it was a very good concept and was very original in my eyes and I thought that it would turn out amazing and it was almost about to become real but I forgot that everything always looks good on paper until the process begins and from that I realized that it was very hard to make my vision come out because of the fact that I was thinking ahead of my current abilities and even though my did not have to be perfect as a prototype I had to make cuts as I noticed I was not where I hoped to be when I got to a certain stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment