Tuesday 5 November 2019

Games Decision

Game Decision

We are here trying to decide the types of choices that would have a better success rate for your game.
 (Here are peoples projects I think you would like to look at)

I have learned that MMO games are very popular in the industry. It is however very complex to make due to technical issues in server scaling along with the scaling of economics, politics, level design, pacing, persistence and progression. It is very big and will most likely cost you a fortune but the unquestionable fact that more players are better and always has a big fan base so it is worth pursuing.

Now it is not all bad news because MUD's (Multi User Dungeon) have dozens to thousands of people in population and still have vibrant communities. There are some games like Multiplayer Minecraft which is very popular despite its reliance and relatively small instance server. There are many more modern hits such as fortnight which focuses on the matches of 100 people or less.

In thoughts of a social group I think it is smart to know what and how you would like the amount of players you meet on a daily would be categorized in your game. In a game if there was a task that you had to work together on in order to reach your goal or accomplish it quicker because groups have overlapping individual network. I believe that the performance as a whole depends on how the friendship bones across the entire group are leveraged to accomplish and share activity. That is way it is important to know where you stand in importance in a social group. I think this would help in explaining.

Good Examples of MMO's

I would give the games below a 10/10 for what a good MMO game looks and feels like as I have played them before and think it was well planned out.

(Link to the Images and Further Information here)
NeverWinter
DC Universe Online
Tera

The Elder Scrolls Online

1 comment:

  1. Hi David,

    Your reading notes are very detailed and informative, well done. I feel like from reading them I've possibly taken in even more knowledge than I already had. I also really like how you gave a few examples of Massively Multiplayer Online games as it didn't even cross my mind to include any. They are really cool examples too. Another example that comes to my head is Grand Theft Auto, I feel like that is a huge online game.

    Look forward to reading more!

    BLC Blogging

    ReplyDelete